[R-SIG-Finance] RMetrics fBasics market data retrieval and timeSeries functionality still being maintained at all?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 14 19:30:41 CEST 2007

On 14 August 2007 at 12:22, David-Michael Lincke wrote:
| Martin,
|
| I did run update.packages() after I first encountered problems, which
| suggested that no newer version was available. The source code of
| yahooImport() clearly scans for dates with format along the lines of
| 2007-Aug-01 while Yahoo actually delivers 2007-08-01. Here is the output
| from sessionInfo():
|
| > sessionInfo()
| R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)
| i386-pc-mingw32

Released last October, as the date shows. You missed a patch release (always
recommended), a new major release (2.5.) and its first patch releases.

| locale:
| LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
| States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
| States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
|
| attached base packages:
| [1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
| [7] "base"
|
| other attached packages:
|       fBasics     fCalendar       fEcofin          MASS
| "240.10068.1"   "240.10068"   "240.10067"      "7.2-34"

These are __current only conditional of the version of R you're running__
i.e. R found you the max(version | R release).  The problem is that you use
an outdated R releases, which leads to the outdated Rmetrics.

Please upgrade, and your problem should go away as suggested by three
different readers of this list.

Hth, Dirk