[R-SIG-Finance] RMetrics fBasics market data retrieval and timeSeries functionality still being maintained at all?

Adam Gehr agehr at mozart.depaul.edu
Tue Aug 14 18:35:46 CEST 2007

On trying the same commands with a recently updated version of R I get:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] "tcltk"     "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "methods"   "base"

other attached packages:
   fBasics fCalendar   fEcofin   spatial      MASS
  "251.70"  "251.70"  "251.70"  "7.2-35"  "7.2-35"
> IBM = yahooSeries("IBM")
trying URL
'http://chart.yahoo.com/table.csv?s=IBM&a=7&b=14&c=2006&d=7&e=14&f=2007&g=d&x=.csv'
Content type 'text/csv' length unknown