[R-SIG-Finance] R-SIG-Finance Digest, Vol 38, Issue 19

Vorlow Constantinos CVorlow at eurobank.gr
Fri Jul 27 13:07:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have some similar problems. I found out that although the code to
download the intra-daily prices ("last price") was ok the data would not
download properly. Sometimes the rBloomberg script would be executed but
no data would be downloaded, sometimes the script would crash and
sometimes would execute properly. The very same script.

I finally gathered that it has to do with the Bloomberg data stream
response. Sometimes, if you wait for a few seconds and rerun the script,
everything will execute  smoothly.  I even have problems with EXCEL
sometimes. Maybe it has to do with the quality-type of connection with
Bloomberg as well (i.e., if you are behind a firewall etc. etc.).

Could it be and R-(D)COM problem?

Best,
Costas

http://www.vorlow.org