[R-sig-finance] [R] Bloomberg Data Import to R

Bruno J White bruno at kodero.com
Wed Feb 8 15:49:52 CET 2006

Hi Robert,

I can verify that is it true that there are MANY people with their own
solutions to getting bloomberg data into R. I have worked on one such
system. But all the ones I know of are "proprietary" solutions that
can't be released to the public.

I think it would be worth understanding if there is any legal
implications, because I think a public code base for this would have "a
lot" of people WANTING to hack it. For one, I would love to assist in
development. The catch would be, will they be allowed to by their own
contractual agreements (if they have some). And if they were, do they
have access to a bloomberg terminal that can be use for debugging and
testing.

Regards,
Bruno

Bruno J White <bruno at kodero.com>