[R-sig-finance] foptions package

Krishna Kumar kriskumar at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 12 16:04:35 CET 2005

I forgot to mention a few things
Function description
(i) optionvalue.euro  - this does CRR/LR/JR trees
(ii) greek.binomial  - this is based on Pelseer/Vorst  ("The Binomial
Model and the Greeks." /Journal of Derivatives/, Spring 1994, 45-49 )
(iii) optionvalue.amer  - american option pricing using CRR/LR/JR
(iv) optionvalue.bbs  - Broadie-Detempleton adjustment to the tree (2 pt
richardson extrapolation + BS at penultimate)
*See American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a
Comparison of Existing Methods*
(http://rfs.oupjournals.org/cgi/reprint/9/4/1211)

My favorite among these is the LR tree the original paper is here
(http://www.wiwi.uni-bonn.de/sfb/papers/1995/b/bonnsfb309.pdf)