[R-sig-finance] RDCOMClient libarary compatibility

Molins, Jordi Jordi.Molins at drkw.com
Tue Aug 23 13:21:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have gone to  http://www.omegahat.org/RDCOMClient/, I have downloaded the
binary, and installed it through InstallPackage(s)FromLocal Zipfiles. but I
get the same error message as Jonathan. BTW, that web page was last modified
on 2003, and at least in the last minutes, the README.html and INSTALL.html
files are "not found".

Does anybody know what can we do about it? I also would like to learn how to
download data from Bloomberg using the RDCOMClient. Is there somebody else
who has tried that already?

Cheers

Jordi

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:58:08 -0400
> From: jonathan.r.larkin at jpmorgan.com
> Subject: [R-sig-finance] RDCOMClient libarary compatibility
> To: r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch
> <OFE2A7383A.88D37128-ON85257065.0072F045-85257065.00733024 at jpm
> chase.com>

> I am using a v2.1.1 build of R on windows and am trying to use the
> RDCOMClient library to download data from Bloomberg. When I
> attempt to
> load the library I get the error message:
>
> Error in library(RDCOMClient) : 'RDCOMClient' is not a valid
> package --
> installed < 2.0.0?
>
> Am I doing something completely stupid or is my RDCOMClient package
> outdated? Where can I get the latest package?
>
> Thanks.
> Jonathan
>
> This communication is for informational purposes only. It is
> not intended
> as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
> instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.
> All market prices,
> data and other information are not warranted as to
> completeness or accuracy and
> are subject to change without notice. Any comments or
> statements made herein
> do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its
> subsidiaries
> and affiliates.
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:35:16 -0700
> From: "Murphy, Aran \(US-Inst_Research & Strategy\)"
> 	<AMurphy at russell.com>
> Subject: Re: [R-sig-finance] RDCOMClient libarary compatibility
> To: <jonathan.r.larkin at jpmorgan.com>
> Cc: r-sig-finance at stat.math.ethz.ch
> <7DF5E3A4B12E264DB4F2ECFA98E0FCBB71DEA7 at MAIL001.prod.ds.russell.com>
>
> Hello Jonathan,  I received the same error when loading RDCOMClient at
> first but then I found and used a different source package -
> omegahat's
> http://www.omegahat.org/RDCOMClient/ - this worked when
> the Packages -> InstallPackage(s)FromLocal Zipfiles menu option.
> Results:
>
> > require("RDCOMClient");
> [1] TRUE
> >

> Please post on how yours goes. Beyond this part I haven't gotten far.
>
> Cheers,
> Aran Murphy

End of R-sig-finance Digest, Vol 15, Issue 9