[R-sig-finance] Its function and yahoo

Daniel Herlemont dherlemont at yats.com
Mon May 2 16:59:07 CEST 2005

> Maybe it is time to try to handle this more flexibly, in particular
> concerning the return class. So that it can return "ts", "its", "zoo" or
> "timeSeries" objects. For "zoo" the advantage would be that "Date"
> indexes can be used for daily data and "yearmon" for monthly data
> (possibly with appropriate frequencies specified), the package vignette
> contains a worked example for that.

yes its a very good idea.

Date/time formats are really a zoo !!!

Feell free to make concrete proposal, from my file, for example.

> An alternative would be to read from a connection (which could be a
> local file or a URL) with the default of querying yahoo.com.

Yes this is done from the last function
yahoo.get.hist.quote
depending on the download parameter
if true, the function download the data to a local file and then read the
local file
if false, it just read the data from the local file

Thanks.

Daniel.
www.yats.com