[R-sig-finance] VAR, VECM, Kalman,... non-R software recomme ndations?

Whit Armstrong Whit.Armstrong at tudor.com
Tue Aug 24 15:37:30 CEST 2004

We use eviews extensively here.  We run four of our fx models in eviews.

Its greatest drawback is that it has no debugging utilities.  If you plan to
use only builtin features it should work fine, but if you plan on writing
your own subroutines, then you will find that it is very cumbersome to use.

I have no experience w/ Rats so I can't offer any insights there.

Good luck,
Whit