[R-sig-Fedora] problems compiling packages | 3.3.0 | Linux

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 17:46:21 CEST 2016

On 06/06/2016 05:04 PM, Brian Fallik wrote:
> Apologies if this email is a top post. I'm not sure how to reply to a
> thread if I'm not subscribed.
>
> We recently encountered the same issue that Evan reported on 6/4 and I can
> confirm that updated to 3.3.0-5 does address the build failure. Will
> 3.3.0-5 make it into EPEL? If so, do you have any idea when? The current
> package is breaking our build process and I'm wondering if it's worth the
> effort to implement a workaround or not.

Yes, this package is going through the update process right now. You can
speed it along by logging into the Fedora Update system and giving
positive karma:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2016-93778a4eeb

If the build gets +3 karma, it will go to stable immediately.
Otherwise, it takes two weeks to be pushed to stable according to EPEL
policies.

~tom

==
Red Hat