[R-sig-Fedora] rgl.snapshot only captures a small portion what's visible in the RGL device window on CentOS 7

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 19:39:01 CET 2016

On 01/11/2016 01:24 PM, Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. wrote:
> Dear Tom, Thank you very much for thinking about this. Please see my replies below. -Ben
>
>> Are you using the EPEL R 3.2.3 builds?
>
> I'm not sure what the question means, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I know I built the versions of R I used from source code (i.e., ./configure followed by make).

Okay. I do "official" package builds of R for RHEL/CentOS as part of the
EPEL repository:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

If its not painful for you to do so, testing my packages vs yours just
to rule out misconfiguration in R would be helpful. I don't think this
is likely, but I'm being thorough.

>> What version of the NVIDIA driver are you using?
>
> Since the output of lspci above said "Kernel driver in use: nouveau", I executed the command modinfo nouveau, getting the following output:

Okay. Nouveau is _not_ the NVIDIA driver, that's the open source driver
provided by the Linux kernel. It is possible this is a bug in nouveau.
You may want to try to install the NVIDIA driver and see if it resolves
your issue:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

~tom

==