[R-sig-Fedora] Missing make dependency in R-devel

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:16:21 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Tom Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> I am, and I just committed the fix to add Requires: make to the R-core
> packages. Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been traveling.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Another dependency problem that I
experienced on Fedora is unzip. It seems that getOption("unzip") is
set to "/usr/bin/unzip" by default, however unzip is not declared as a
dependency of R-core:

> getOption("unzip")
[1] "/usr/bin/unzip"
> file.exists(getOption("unzip"))
[1] FALSE

This again led to some strange problems with packages trying to use
unzip. I am not sure what the preferred solution would be. We could
add unzip as a dependency to R-core rpm, or default to
options(unzip="internal").