[R-sig-Fedora] Installing locales in Fedora

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 11:25:17 CEST 2014

Not specifically an R question, but hopefully some Fedora users might
know the answer. I am creating an rpm for an R application that uses
en_US.UTF-8:

  Sys.setlocale(category='LC_ALL', 'en_US.UTF-8');
  Sys.setenv(LANG="en_US.UTF-8")

On my own Fedora installation, en_US.UTF-8 was installed by default.
However this was an English system, so I am not sure this will be the
case for any Fedora system. Is there an rpm package in Fedora that I
can declare as a dependency in my rpm spec to make sure en_US.UTF-8
will be available, even on bare-minimum Chinese Fedora installation?