[R-sig-Fedora] installing R from source on fedora

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 15:39:30 CET 2011

On 11/09/2011 02:27 AM, Steve Taylor wrote:
> Yes, I got the attachment - thanks!  Might give it a go in the next few
> days, if the repository hasn't been updated with an RPM.  I've already
> learnt from experience to be wary of attempting to compile from source!

I'm working on 2.14.0 rebuilds, but they're going to take a while, since
we have to also rebuild all R-dependent packages at the same time.

Please note the following:

* EL builds will show up first, because there are less things to update.
Inconsolata font support has been disabled there.
* I am _not_ planning on updating 2.14.0 for F-14 because it will be
end-of-lifed very soon. If you're running F-14, time to upgrade!

~tom

==
Fedora Project