[R-sig-Epi] Relative Survival in R - Getting 5 year and Median Survival

Joonas Miettinen joonas.m.miettinen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:35:24 CET 2015

Hey Josh,

use |summary| to get estimates for specific times. E.g.:

|data(slopop) data(rdata) #calculate the relative survival curve #note
that the variable year is given in days since 01.01.1960 and that #age
must be multiplied by 365 in order to be expressed in days. rs <-
rs.surv(Surv(time,cens)~sex+ratetable(age=age*365,sex=sex,
year=year),ratetable=slopop,data=rdata) summary(rs, times = c(3,
5)*365.25) |

​
Not sure what you mean about the validation part, but you might try
estimating both EdererII and Pohar-Perme curves and see if they're similar.

BR: Joonas