[R-sig-Epi] Relative Survival in R - Getting 5 year and Median Survival

Josh Rosen josh.rosen180 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:15:05 CET 2015

Hello,

I am trying to compute the relative survival curves for a cohort of cancer
patients that I have data on. I have been trying to use some of the
elements of the relsurv package and have gotten to the point where I have
built my US Life Table, and have my data set in the proper form and am able
to run rs.surv rs.add and rs.surv.add. I also think I have been able to
plot the appropriate survival curve using some code found online. However,
what I am wondering is how to best extract the 5-year (and 3-year) and
median relative survivals for my cohort.

I am also trying to figure out the best way to then go about validating my
choices of method for relative survival computation as well.

I am fairly new to R (usually use SAS) so any help that you can provide
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
-JR

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]