[R-sig-Epi] Epidemiology Task View?

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:04:52 CET 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would find having a Task View (see
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/ ) for Epidemiology desireable or
useful?

I currently co-maintain the Genetics Task View and would be happy to
have a go at writing one for Epidemiology having recently shifted the
focus of my employment away from Genetic Epidemiology to more
"standard" epidemiological work.

The following packages are ones that I've identified from the packages list...

Epi
epiR
epibasic
epicalc
epitools

Other related packages
bayesSurv  (for survival analysis)
CPE (for survival analysis)

and I'd probably aim to classify into sub-sections...

Case-Control
Cohort
Incidence/Mortality
Survival

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts/input on this as to

a) Packages to include
b) Suggested sub-categories

Regards

Neil
--
"We should make things as simple as possible, but not simpler."  -
Anon (not Albert Einstein)

Email - nshephard at gmail.com
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/