[R-sig-Epi] Probability of falling incidence

Kevin Viel kviel at sfbrgenetics.org
Wed Oct 3 16:38:54 CEST 2007

Ralf,

  This is not enough data for us to be able to suggest a test.  We would
need to know the study design, with particular emphasis on the statistical
sampling strategy (stratified, simple random sampling, etc.).  28 cases out
of 1000 p-y is much different from 280 cases out of 10000 p-y, for instance.

  Unfortunately, I am only lurker on this list and cannot suggest a
procedure in R.

HTH,

Kevin

Kevin Viel, PhD
Post-doctoral fellow
Department of Genetics
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
San Antonio, TX 78227