[R-sig-Epi] Propensite score question

Esa Laara tilel at sun3.oulu.fi
Fri Jun 23 13:50:28 CEST 2006

Hi Beatrix,

The seminal paper on propensity scores and their use was

Paul R. Rosenbaum and Donald B. Rubin (1983). The central role of the propensity
score in observational studies for causal effects. Biometrika 70(1):41-55

More recent references include the following.

D. Rubin (1997). Estimating Causal Effects from Large Data Sets Using Propensity
Scores. Ann Intern Med 127: 757-763.

Ralph B. D'Agostino Jr. (1998). Propensity score methods for bias reduction in
the comparison of a treatment to a non-randomized control group.
Statistics in Medicine 17(19): 2265 - 2281

Keisuke Hirano, Guido W. Imbens, and Geert Ridder (2003). Efficient Estimation
of Average Treatment Effects Using the Estimated Propensity Score.
Econometrica 71(4) : 1161-1189.

Tobias Kurth, Alexander M. Walker, Robert J. Glynn, K. Arnold Chan, J. Michael
Gaziano, Klaus Berger, and James M. Robins (2006). Results of Multivariable
Logistic Regression, Propensity Matching, Propensity Adjustment, and
Propensity-based Weighting under Conditions of Nonuniform Effect.
American Journal of Epidemiology 163(3):262-270.

With best wishes,

          Esa

Esa Läärä
Department of Mathematical Sciences