[R-sig-eco] Randomly Stopped Sum Model

Mollie Brooks mollieebrook@ @ending from gm@il@com
Thu Oct 11 17:25:44 CEST 2018

Hi George,

I’m not familiar with the method in that paper, but I know that "a Tweedie distribution is equivalent to the distribution obtained by summing a Poisson number of gamma random variables" (Foster & Bravington 2013) and there are a few methods available in R for estimating the Tweedie distribution (i.e. compound Poisson–gamma distribution).

…but is the measurement for each reproductive event really continuous, e.g something like total clutch weight or volume?

cheers,
Mollie