[R-sig-eco] Randomly Stopped Sum Model

Glen,George george@glen @ending from ufl@edu
Thu Oct 11 15:49:42 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I found this paper online (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4226152), which discusses a method to model the sum of continuous random variables over a number of events where the number of events is also a random variable. I was wondering if anyone knew of specific examples using this approach to model reproductive events in animal populations? Or if a robust modeling framework in R has been constructed?

“What is best in mathematics deserves not merely to be learnt as a task, but to be assimilated as a part of daily thought, and brought again and again before the mind with ever-renewed encouragement.” Bertrand Russell

Graduate Assistant (PhD)
Archie Carr Center for Sea Turtle Research
Department of Biology
University of Florida

Tel: (+1) 352-282-5616         Website: http://accstr.ufl.edu/
Skype: geoglen12                  Email: george.glen using ufl.edu<mailto:george.glen using ufl.edu>