[R-sig-eco] Fitting a GLMM to a percent cover data with glmer or glmmTMB

Botta-Dukát Zoltán bott@-duk@t@zolt@n @ending from okologi@@mt@@hu
Thu Nov 29 15:23:32 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm sure that binomial is unsuitable for relative cover. Binomial
distribution are defined as number of successes in independent trials. I
think this scheme cannot be applied to relative cover or visually
estimated cover. It is important because both number of trials and
probability of success influence mean and variance, thus both should
have a meaning that correspond to terms in this scheme.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with tweedie distribution. I am also
interested in experience of others! In theory an alternative would be
zero-inflated beta distribution (after rescaling percentage between zero
to one interval). Do some has an experience (including its availability
in R) with it?

Cheers

Zoltan