[R-sig-eco] New R user

MacQueen, Don m@cqueen1 @ending from llnl@gov
Sat Aug 4 00:45:59 CEST 2018

To which I would add, R is a great language for data analysis, statistics, and graphics (as statisticians use the term), and it will stand you in good stead for years to come. But you may find the learning curve fairly steep.

There are lots of good resources online. I'd start with the Task Views page on the CRAN website, and the Contributed Documentation link also on CRAN.

If your example code is short, there's a pretty good chance someone will browse it and say something useful. If it's long and complicated, not so much.

And a head's up; on the main R mailing list, R-help, some people are sometimes rather impatient with questions that don't demonstrate a reasonable attempt at having figured things out ones' self.

One final note, please send plain text, not html email (see the note at the bottom of your email). The list strips html, which sometimes causes email to become jumbled and unreadable.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory