[R-sig-eco] Plotting community data in map

Thiago A. Pires pires.thiagoaugusto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:17:46 CEST 2018

​Hi Folks,

I'm trying to plotting endemism data into a map, and I would like take the
symbol color for each sample follow a gradient of endemism values for this
sample, like a heat map, then higher values would results in reddish colors
and lower values to yellowish colors. I tried several variation in the
code, changing colors and values structure, but is not working so far. Any
ideas??​

​R code:
> map("world", col="black", fill=F)​
​> symbols(coords, bg =heat.colors(endemism_values), circles=
endemism_values, inches = .5, add = T)
​

​Thanks

Cheers,

​
Thiago A. Leão Pires
Ph.D. student in Ecology - UNICAMP
Collaborator Researcher - UNIFESP
Visitor Ph.D. student - ANU
<http://buscatextual.cnpq.br/buscatextual/visualizacv.do?id=K4298681Z0>[image:
thiagoaugustopires.wix.com/naturevisions]
<http://www.thiagoaugustopires.wix.com/naturevisions> [image: Skype ID:
thiago.augusto.pires] <+Skype+ID:+thiago.augusto.pires>
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thiago_Leao-Pires>