[R-sig-eco] Dissimilarity measure for rank data

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:45:48 CEST 2017

Hi Tania,

That's not really an R question, and there's no one perfect answer.
Googling "distance metric for ordinal data" turns up some discussions of
the pros and cons of the various options.

You need to choose the one best able to address your hypothesis. You might
get better ideas on a statistics forum, rather than an R-specific list.

Sarah