[R-sig-eco] what's the best R implementation of a Logistic population model?

Drew Tyre atyre2 at unl.edu
Thu Feb 23 20:35:56 CET 2017

Hi all,

I'm teaching a population dynamics course for upper level undergraduates. I am using R for the first time (first time using it in this class, not my first time!). So I needed to make a small function to simulate a logistic population model, and it occurred to me that other's may have already solved this problem in a better way. I'm looking for pointers to other implementations, and/or feedback on how I've set it up. A bit of description of my goals and the function are at

http://atyre2.github.io/2017/02/22/whats-the-best-logistic-model.html

I have looked at Karline Soetaert and Peter Herman's book A practical guide to ecological modelling, as well as Henry Steven's book A primer of Ecology with R, and discuss their approaches at the above blog post.

Thank you for your time and attention!
--
Drew Tyre

School of Natural Resources