[R-sig-eco] How to use conditional average (model average in package "MuMIn") to make prediction?

YONG SHEN winnie56100 at 163.com
Fri Dec 15 02:25:43 CET 2017

Dear R users,

  I am using package "MuMIn" to conduct model average and prediction (GLMM models), and I got full average and conditional average. What I am interested in is the results of conditional average, but it seems the function "predict.averaging" in package "MuMIn" cannot use conditional average to make prediction for GLMM models:

  "If all the component models are oridinary linear models, the prediction can be made either with the full averaged coefficients (the argument full = TRUE this is the default) or subset-averaged coefficients. Otherwise the prediction is obtained by calling predict on each component model and weighted averaging the results, which corresponds to the assumption that all predictors are present in all models, but those not estimated are equal zero (see ¡®Note¡¯ in model.avg)".

  Do anyone know how to make prediction by conditional average, but not full average. Any help will be appreciated, many thanks.

 Best,

 Yong Shen

--

Yong Shen