[R-sig-eco] NMDS axes scores

Conny constanze_keye at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:04:02 CET 2016

Thanks a lot for all the helpful responses and info.

But I’m actually still not sure how to use both NMDS axes as a response (y) in a regression model - is this even possible??

My overall goal is to model species compositional change over time in a restoration project (is the system getting more similar to the reference forest). I would like to create a trend line here in a graph, rather than just using an ordination plot.

I thought about using the fitted values returned by ordisurf(), but as I understood it (please correct me if I’m wrong) it will use my restoration time again as a response and my axes scores as predictors.

 So the z values will represent fitted age values rather than my sample scores (?) – so it would make no sense to plot it against my restoration time…

I’m sorry if this is getting a bit confusing.

Cheers,
Conny