[R-sig-eco] Create a grid and extract species and climate data

Adam Zeilinger arz at berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 3 21:40:02 CET 2016

Hi Buddhi,

Assuming your climate data are represented as a series of rasters and
your species occurrences have latitude and longitude coordinates, you
can accomplish both of these things with the raster package.  Using one
of the climate rasters as a reference raster, you can use the function
cellFromXY() to determine species presence/absence in your cells. And
the extract() function in raster can be used to get the climate values
from climate data rasters.

Hope this helps.
Adam