[R-sig-eco] Morisita horn similarity index

Martin Weiser weiser2 at natur.cuni.cz
Fri Nov 27 13:14:33 CET 2015

moses selebatso píše v Pá 27. 11. 2015 v 03:55 +0000:
>  Hello
> I am trying to analyse diet overlap (level of similarity) between two species. I have diet composition in %. I have tried to find the best tool, and thought Morisita horn will do, but I cant find the right package for. Is this the best tool?
> Thank you,
> Moses
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi Moses,

this may be a matter of taste, but I like ordinations.
I assume you have data like this:

food.1 food.2... food.n	species
2 2 ...	80 A
1 63 ... 5 A
30 20 ... 10 B
7 5 ... 70 B

Then I would run RDA - procedure rda() in the vegan package, with
something like:

result<- rda(foodmatrix ~ SpeciesIdentity)
plot(result, disp=c("sp","cn"))

Interpretation of that plot is then straightforward:
further the food.item is to the species.identity half, higher the
preference.

HTH,
Martin

--

Pokud je tento e-mail součástí obchodního jednání, Přírodovědecká fakulta