[R-sig-eco] Predict function for MCA and homogeneity analysis

Diego Salazar dsalazar at ugr.es
Fri May 22 13:26:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am trying to reduce numbers of explanatory variables in my analysis. I
have 9 nominal independent variables, seven are binomials and two have
more levels. I had planned use PCA (prcomp {stats}) but I have some
factors with more of two levels. Thus, I am using a Multiple
Correspondence Analysis (MCA {FactoMineR}) and Homogeneity Analysis
(homals {homals packages}) to compare results.

My problem is that I can't find, for MCA and homals objects, a function
similar to "predict {stats}", which is used on prcomp objects and
generate axis values for each individual (species in my case).

Thanks in advance!

Diego Salazar

--
Diego Francisco Salazar Tortosa