[R-sig-eco] mvabund SIMPER alternative

David Warton david.warton at unsw.edu.au
Thu Jun 4 00:51:03 CEST 2015

Hi Vincent,
If you want to treat DNA and RNA jointly as your response you just need to stick them together into the same matrix.
e.g.
	dat =mvabund( cbind(DNA,RNA) )
If you are after a SIMPER-type analysis, make sure you set p.uni to "adjusted" or "unadjusted" rather than "none", so you can get univariate test statistics to use to rank OTU's.  Expect to get quite different results to SIMPER though - because SIMPER confounds effect size with error variance, the latter having a habit of varying considerably across responses and drowning out most of the signal.

All the best
David

David Warton
Professor and Australian Research Council Future Fellow
School of Mathematics and Statistics and the Evolution & Ecology Research Centre
The University of New South Wales NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA
phone (61)(2) 9385-7031
fax (61)(2) 9385-7123

http://www.eco-stats.unsw.edu.au/ecostats15.html