[R-sig-eco] calculate "dispersion index" (betadisper, vegan)

Natalie nat at posteo.de
Wed Jul 29 19:26:53 CEST 2015

hi all

I would like to  calculate a dispersion index or similar from the
results of the vegan function betadisper.
i would like to know if there is a possibility to e.g. calculate the
volume of the community dispersion(area of the hull in the PCoA) from
the betadisper results.
common is to show the distance to the centroid.but I have the impression
the dispersion within communities are not that clear,especially if you
have similar variance.
The program primer v5 calculates a disperion index based on  the
similarity percentage.
similarity percentage is not an option since it is mainly based on most
counted species.

ideas and help are very much appreciated
cheers natalie