[R-sig-eco] error in kernelUD {adehabitatHR}

dmaa davidbecas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:19:45 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to estimate kernel utilization distributions using the function
kernelUD from the package adehabitatHR.

I have a spatialpointsdataframe where the first column has the ids of the
different animals. I have checked the number of relocations for each animal
and all of them have more than 5 different locations points. However, I
always get the error

kudbic5<-kernelUD(detections [,1])
Error in kernelUD(detections[, 1]) :
  At least 5 relocations are required to fit an home range

Any ideas on how to overcome this?