[R-sig-eco] best choice of GLMM for seed set data

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Thu Aug 27 12:02:47 CEST 2015

You need to specify the models which you want to compare

model2<- glmer(cbind(germinated, Nongerminated) ~ temp * light +
(1|Replication), data= growthdata, family = binomial)
model2.bis <- glmer(cbind(germinated, Nongerminated) ~ temp + light +
(1|Replication), data= growthdata, family = binomial)
anova(model2, model2.bis)

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey