[R-sig-eco] best choice of GLMM for seed set data

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Thu Aug 27 11:26:39 CEST 2015

Dear Mehdi,

Assuming that you want to model the probability of germination, yes.

Note that cbind(seed, 100) is WRONG syntax.
CORRECT syntax: cbind(n_success, n_failure)

Have you tried anova(your.model)?

Best regards,
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey