[R-sig-eco] urgent help required regarding GLS - forgot to send the output in my previous email

Caroline Dreßler caro.dressler at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 11 03:32:56 CEST 2015

*Dear R-Sig-Ecology,*

*I did a GLS analysis for my experiement which investigates the
abundance of bacteria influenced by the presence of contaminants and
different poresizes (of the microcomsm to enter for bacteria) over a
certain timeperiod (T1, T2, T3). The microcosms were filled with sand
which was spiked with contaminats. As a control no contamiants were
added to the sand: (contamination: contamin = contaminated sand,
noncontamin = noncontaminated sand. Futhermore, there were different
poresizes for the microorganisms to enter: (poresize: pore a = 2µm,
pore b = 30µm). The samples were analysed after three timepoints:
(timepoint: T1, T2, T3 = timepoint) *

*I got an significant result for the three-way-interaction
timepoint:poresize:contamination. Now I would like to show my results
in a graph with a linear regression for the different interactions.
But I don`t know how to calculate the intercepts as well as the slopes
for the following interactions: **timepoint:pore a:contamin**,
**timepoint:pore a:noncontamin, **timepoint:pore b:contamin,
**timepoint:pore b:noncontamin.*

*In my opinion the slope can`t be negative. *

*The output was:*

Coefficients:

Value Std.Error   t-value p-value

(Intercept)
-2477166   1103724 -2.244371  0.0329

timepoint
2477158   1103599  2.244617 0.0329

poreb
-49849874   6934889 -7.188273  0.0000

contaminnon
2407662   1109466  2.170108 0.0386

timepoint:poreb
49854182   6934107  7.189705 0.0000

timepoint:contaminnon
-2407655   1109341 -2.170346  0.0386

poreb:contaminnon
48366511   6970970  6.938275 0.0000

timepoint:poreb:contaminnon -48357964   6970184 -6.937832  0.0000

Correlation:

(Intr) timpnt poreb  cntmnntmpnt:p tmpnt:c prb:cn

timepoint
-1.000

poreb
-0.159  0.159

contaminnon
-0.995  0.995  0.158

timepoint:poreb
 0.159 -0.159 -1.000 -0.158

timepoint:contaminnon
0.995 -0.995 -0.158 -1.000 0.158

poreb:contaminnon
0.158 -0.158 -0.995 -0.159 0.995   0.159

timepoint:poreb:contaminnon

-0.158  0.158 0.995  0.159 -0.995  -0.159 -1.000

*I am in urgent need of help. Somebody please give me a valuable suggestion
for my problem. Thanks a lot,*

Caro