[R-sig-eco] Distance matrix analyses

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 17:29:44 CEST 2014

Test them for what?

If you can formulate your hypotheses more clearly, you might try the
model matrix approach outlined in

Legendre, P. and M.-J. Fortin. 1989. Spatial pattern and ecological
analysis. Vegetatio, 80: 107-138.

and subsequent references.

But there might be better ways, depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Sarah

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Diego Javier Inclan Luna
<diegojavier.inclanluna at studenti.unipd.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to test dissimilarities among different groups in a dist
> matrix. For instance, if I have a dist matrix with three factors a, b, c,
> functions like adonis and betadisper in vegan will test the aa, bb and cc
> combinations. However, I am interested in testing the ba, ca, and cb
> combinations. How I could test for these combinations?
>

> *a  a   a   b   b   b   c   c  c*
>
> *a* aa
> *a* aa aa
> *a* aa aa aa