[R-sig-eco] adonis() and collinearity

Jonas Kuppler Jonas.Kuppler at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Sep 17 15:06:38 CEST 2014

Dear all,

if I use only continuous explanatory variables in the adonis() function
it is like a multiple linear regression with dissimilarities.

In multiple regression with highly correlated exp. variables I have the
problem with multicollinearity and an increasing standard error of the
coefficents. Is it the same for the adonis() function? I would think so
since adonis() is "analogous" to a MANOVA, but I am not sure. And is
there any possibility to estimate the influence of multicollinearity in
adonis(); like the variance inflation factor for lm?

Thanks & Best,

Jonas