[R-sig-eco] problem with kernel UD estimation using adehabitatHR

alittle alittle139 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:45:06 CEST 2014

Lindsey,

Were you able to resolve the issue with the extent? I too am having the same
problem with a data set that I'm working on. I tried different extend
(similar to you) but received the same error message:

>kud50 <- getverticeshr(kudbreeding, 50)

Error in getvertices.estUD(x[[i]],percent,ida=names(x)[i],unin,  :

The grid is too small to allow the estimation of home range. You should
rerun KernelUD with a larger extent parameter.

R-code below that resulted in the error:

kudbreeding <-
kernelUD(locbreeding[,1],h='href',kern='bivnorm',same4all=TRUE,extent=25)

kud50 <- getverticeshr(kudbreeding,50)

I would greatly appreciate any input from those who have used KernelUD in
adehabitat.

Thanks,
   Andy