[R-sig-eco] Binomial GLMM or GAMM with random intercept and temporal correlation

SamiC samantha.cox at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 15:33:26 CEST 2014

Thanks for the responses.  I am going to try modelling the binomial data with
a covariate representing the previous value and see if that's sufficient.

I haven't used INLA, I have some experience with JAGs but not sure where to
start with modelling temporal structures there.  I need to model both
regularly space and regularly spaces correlation.

For the gaussian data I have, I am using lme.  Is it ok to select temporal
correlation strucutres based on AIC between REML models.  I am trying a
number of correlation structures (e.g. corSpher, corExp, corAR1).

Thanks

Sam