[R-sig-eco] correlation between dissimilarity matrices

Carlos liuca16 at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 23:45:13 CEST 2014

Thank you for your answer, I will also try using rda.

I have two dissimilarity matrices representing distances between sites.
Those sites belong to three different locations. I would like to find out if
the correlation between both matrices is mainly promoted by the fact that
dissimilarities between locations are correlated in both matrices (e.g.
distances between sites from location A and B are high in both matrices), or
on the contrary the correlation between both matrices occurs because
dissimilarities within locations are correlated.

Greetings,

Carlos