[R-sig-eco] ape cophyloplot - strange horizontal lines

jO bjork.johannes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:12:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

Im plotting a cophylogeny using cophyloplot {ape}.

Im running;

cophyloplot(bugs_tree,sponge_tree, assoc = con, type="cladogram", space=200,
gap=0,show.tip.label=F, use.edge.length=F)

where bugs_tree and sponge_tree are the two phylogenies and con is the
association between the tips of the phylogenies and where the ordering of
the columns inside con correspond to the order bugs_tree, sponge_tree.

Plotting with show.tip.label=F

gives a nice plot like the first attach plot below, but using
show.tip.label=T, gives strange horizontal lines (as seen the second attach
plot) which I think corresponds to the amount of tips in both phylogenies.
However, I don't want these but I have no clue why they appear, since I have
not manage to reproduce this with any example data.

Any pointer would be appreciated, thanks!

<http://r-sig-ecology.471788.n2.nabble.com/file/n7578811/tree2.jpg>
<http://r-sig-ecology.471788.n2.nabble.com/file/n7578811/tree1.jpg>