[R-sig-eco] Query related to maxent file in dismo package

Rajendra Mohan panda rmp.iit.kgp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:19:06 CEST 2014

Thanks a lot Jon

I have more than 1100 sample points. I want to extract values for 19
variables in Bioclim data for maxent model.
I do not understand if the following code automatically loads bioclim
variables grd file or not?

logo <- stack(system.file("external/rlogo.grd", package="raster"))

If I have to go for my downloaded grd files then how shall I do? path to
defined (system or any drive etc)

I also face problem to define the point matrix for huge datasets as given
in example in dismo package. Is there any easy way out?

#presence data
pts <- matrix(c(48.243420, 48.243420, 47.985820, 52.880230, 49.531423,
46.182616, 54.168232,
69.839163, 73.233228, 63.239594, 45.892154, 43.252326, 28.356155) , ncol=2)

I also request you all to know the way I can use ArcGIS extracted grd/ascii
file for my sample points to run maxent in R?

I hope it may help me huge datasets I have. Not sure.

Your kind advise is highly appreciated.

With best Regards
Rajendra M Panda
SWR, IIT Kharagpur