[R-sig-eco] anyone using vegan

Bruce Miller batsncats at gmail.com
Fri May 10 21:06:44 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Anyone experienced with vegan, or possibly other R packages for
ecological data?
I am working with a database that includes relative abundance data that
can be exported as densities by locations or date and summered by night
as these are bats.  So the question is the data format needed to
generate rarefaction curves, species association metrics, diversity
indices and the rest of the usual ecological analytics in vegan or other
R packages that include ecological data processing.

Once I have the output from the Access DB defined I can automate
generation of the files to open in R and run the required modules.

Anyone able to provide some suggestions/guidance?   I need to create the
export form in Access so that all is in the correct format to be opened
in R and the DF is correct for eh package(s).
Once processed by vegan etc. then write the results to a file.

Tnx.

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Miller, Ph.D.