[R-sig-eco] Conversion of lat/long coordinates to ETRS89

Levy, Yair yair.levy at mow.vlaanderen.be
Wed Mar 20 09:45:19 CET 2013

Dear Mauricio,

I would confirm the use of rgdal::spTransform as appropriate. Also, one could add creating a CRS database as follows:

#European Petroleum Survey Group list creation
EPSG <- make_EPSG()

The geographical ETRS89 CRS is then the following I believe:

#ETRS89 (= EUREF89 = GRS80)
CRS("+init=epsg:4258")

Applying spTransform following this function's instructions shouldn't be a challenge I believe. I would strongly recommend comparing your new geographical/cartographical projections the first time you use this function in order to validate their accuracies.

Please let me know if it worked.

Best regards,

Yaïr Levy
Researcher
Flemish Government
Mobility and Public Works Department
Flanders’ Hydraulics
Berchemlei 115 - 2140 Antwerpen
T. 03 224 61 89 - G. 0476 75 47 25 - F. 03 224 60 36
www.watlab.be

 Before printing, think about the environment!