[R-sig-eco] Conversion of lat/long coordinates to ETRS89

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Mar 20 09:29:15 CET 2013

On 20/03/13 08:33, Daniel Flø wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have several lat/long coordinates for Finland that we would like to convert into a selected projection (such as ETRS89/ETRS-TM35FIN or other).
> Could someone inform us about what package and function we should use to batch converte, and details in the procedure we should be aware of?

?rgdal::spTransform

r-sig-geo is a better place for more specific questions.

Kind regards,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini

Water Resources Unit
Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
TP 261, Via Enrico Fermi 2749, 21027 Ispra (VA), IT
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as sta-
ting an official position of the European Commission"
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469
"It is not enough to have knowledge;
one must also apply it" (Goethe)