[R-sig-eco] Difference between mantel test and adonis

v_coudrain at voila.fr v_coudrain at voila.fr
Wed Jan 16 08:35:15 CET 2013

Dear Martin,
Tank you very much. I thought about constrained ordination, but the distance matrix I am using is not among the "usual" (Euclidian, Bray-Curtis,...). An option
would be to use distance-based RDA, which is almost the same as adonis, but I read that adonis should be even better (?) Anyway I am mainly interested to
understand the difference between analyses based on distance matrix of the environemental gradient (Mantel test), or on the gradient directly.
Best,
Valérie