[R-sig-eco] adonis and temporal changes

v_coudrain at voila.fr v_coudrain at voila.fr
Mon Feb 18 20:49:44 CET 2013

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much. I do not exactly understand why the test for isolation will be wrong, would you have some some explanation?
In a linear regression, you cannot assess the effect of single variable if the interaction (in which your variable is part) is significant. So if I get a significant result
for the isolation*year effect I should conclude that there is an interaction between isolation and year. If the interaction is not significant, should I drop it to get the
correct estimate for the year effect?
I would have an additional question: I have also an environemental gradient (continuous, one value pro site, constant over the years). Is it possible to include it?

Best wishes
Valerie