[R-sig-eco] Distributed hydrological model in R

Dominik Reusser reusser at pik-potsdam.de
Fri Apr 19 13:43:03 CEST 2013

On 18.04.2013 17:13, Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini wrote:
> On 16/04/13 16:27, Dominik Reusser wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> does anybody know of an implementation of a spatially distributed
>> hydrological model implemented in R. I know there is a number of lumped
>> models in HydroMad and RHydro (none of them on CRAN).
>
> Hi Dominik,
>
> The SWAT model (USDA) is available on CRAN:
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/SWATmodel
>
> but I've never tried it.
>

> It is a spatially distributed model, where you can use different
> properties for each Hydrological Response Unit (HRU). However, it is
> not a fully-distributed model but a semi-distributed one.
>

> What spatial scale are you interested in ?

> Kind regards,
>
> Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini, Ph.D

Dear Felix, dear Mauricio
thanks for the informations - great to get response related to hydrology
on this list :-)

topmodel is one of the lumped models - not distributed.
The SWAT package provides a basic interface to the files of the
stand-alone SWAT programme. To run the model, it calls the R-external
SWAT-executable.

What I am looking for is a distributed (or semi-distributed) model that
will take data from within R without going through external files. So I
will keep looking...

Kind regards
Dominik