[R-sig-eco] Distributed hydrological model in R

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini mauricio.zambrano at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Apr 18 17:13:31 CEST 2013

On 16/04/13 16:27, Dominik Reusser wrote:
> Dear all,
> does anybody know of an implementation of a spatially distributed
> hydrological model implemented in R. I know there is a number of lumped
> models in HydroMad and RHydro (none of them on CRAN).

Hi Dominik,

The SWAT model (USDA) is available on CRAN:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/SWATmodel

but I've never tried it.

It is a spatially distributed model, where you can use different
properties for each Hydrological Response Unit (HRU). However, it is not
a fully-distributed model but a semi-distributed one.

What spatial scale are you interested in ?

Kind regards,

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini, Ph.D

Water Resources Unit
Joint Research Centre (JRC), European Commission
TP 261, Via Enrico Fermi 2749, 21027 Ispra (VA), IT
webinfo    : http://floods.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
DISCLAIMER:
"The views expressed are purely those of the writer
and may not in any circumstances be regarded as sta-
ting an official position of the European Commission"
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469